...for a different kind of girl

silent surburban girl releasing her voice, not yet knowing what all she wants to say about her life and the things that make it spin. do you have to be 18 to be here? you'll know when i know.

Friday, March 23, 2007

'i love you period. do you love me question mark'

to whom it may concern,

  • cute guy who came to my register wednesday night. thanks for the conversation and charming grin. when you stopped and turned back to visit with me more, it made my night. call it lame, but i probably would have talked to you the rest of the night about the spring rainstorm we had that morning. leaning over the counter to bring us closer. and when you asked if i'd been outside recently, i was struck immediately with this idea that i'd chuck the break i was covering and head out the door with you. you were utterly adorable, what with your cute haircut and big old grin. seriously. then the sheen from your perfect skin glinted off the diamond on my left hand and i was suddenly "oh...yeah...heh...." but either way, i'll remember those six minutes we spent together for a long time, romeo.
  • props to you, spring break. you haven't been as bad as i was anticipating. i know, i know. you told me to give you a little bit of credit, and honestly, i was doubting you from the beginning. "you're such a fatalist," you told me more than once when i tried to goad you into an argument. "can you blame me?" i cried. but the weather has been interesting, the kids have been good and we've all been happy. the crying was minimal, the questions were deflectable. after a quick assessment, i'd say we all came out of these 10 days together unscathed. but don't try to sell me too hard on summer break just yet. let me bask in the afterglow of this week just a bit longer, ok?
  • mother nature, biology, the devil...whichever of you is responsible for me having my period twice this month, i hate you. oh, and trust me. that sentiment is pretty light considering you reared your forsaken head at me a mere two and a half weeks ago. i don't know what cruel joke you're trying to play or what corner you missed turning at to come back and ask for directions, but you suck. though, ok, thanks for not showing up at the start of spring break and starting the week off into what could have been a potential episode of "law and order"
  • wow. the blog world shows tremendous restraint. i'm pretty surprised no one asked to see a photo of me after my last entry. amazing. and a bit of a pity, too, really because with biology being the bitch it is (seriously! you were just here 21 days ago...), i'm probably going to be the new proactiv spokesperson this week. ok, i suppose it's best to leave the idea of my kick ass reality ingrained in your imaginations.
  • dove dark chocolate. i love you. plain and simple. i love you like the pretend me loves that cute guy from the store on wednesday night. i love you like i'm going to love that first hour of silence on monday when both boys are back at school. but wow, you're wrappers are pretty demanding. "do what feels right." "send a love letter this week." "send me a million dollars and no one gets hurt." geez. can't i just enjoy the silken chocolaty goodness as it melts on my tongue? do i really have to "be mischievous. it feels good"? because trust me, i probably could (especially with cute bookstore guy) but honestly, i'm having my period - a-freakin'-gain and for everyone involved, this spring break needs to cap off on a good note.

much love,

me

16 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl said...

oh yikes! I remember those days, they were a *B* thankfully I never have to deal with that again..ok, now I'm just bragging and that's just mean. I hope you have a fab weekend!

Friday, March 23, 2007 4:08:00 PM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Oof! I don't know if it's seemly or not for me to offer my condolences for your untimely visitor. Molly started hers on Christmas Eve, an hour before Midnight Mass. Merry Freakin' Christmas! >:P~~

Friday, March 23, 2007 4:40:00 PM  
Blogger ArtfulDodger said...

On the good news front, the week is almost over and you've survived this long... ok, maybe "survived" isn't the right word... ok then, hey Monday's almost here!!

Friday, March 23, 2007 5:36:00 PM  
Blogger Rug's Bug said...

Congrats on the survival of Spring Break. I'll be thinking of you as I pull through the drop off lane at school on Monday.
Aren't Dove Dark Chocolates the best? I always seem to get the same missive. And it's never any fun.
As for the period. If my insurance plan paid for birth control, I'd so be on that stuff where you only get a period like twice a year. That sounds great. (But would it be the period from hell if it only came twice a year?)

Friday, March 23, 2007 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

As a guy, it would seem all pervy and stalkerish if I said, "Yeah, post a picture." Maybe others feel the same way? Maybe not.

And Dove Dark Chocolates do indeed rock.

Friday, March 23, 2007 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Summer Rose said...

Awww hun sorry, to hear you've got your monthly visitor twice this month. I kinda had that for a while, becuase of my body making and taking hormones. It caused me to have two of those at once.

I'll pass on the dove dark chocolate and I'll take the white that doesn't affect me the way chocolate does.
S.R.

Friday, March 23, 2007 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Fusion said...

Give me milk chocolate anyday...

My work has not been good the last few days for me, and no cute ladies to even flirt with either *sigh*

Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:30:00 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

That Aunt Flo is such a bitch! Chocolate and dolphins sprinkled in with a nice warm bath, that is all.

qhkuk

Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:43:00 AM  
Blogger JUnderCovers said...

- I love my Dunkin Donuts iced coffee almost more than Guinness. It's just barely warm enough now to start getting it.

- I hate the old fucks in this town who pull out in front of me and drive 20 miles an hour even when there's no one around!

- Just so I don't end on a negative note, I love the fact that you're as simultaneously cranky and happy as I am. I told my wife you're my long lost twin recently, especially since you remember the lyrics to every song you've ever heard! :)

Saturday, March 24, 2007 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Biscuit said...

I feel for you. My perfect 28 days turned into 26 days for the last few months. That means a whole extra period each year! Pisses me right off!

Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we are all just too polite. Show us your picture!!!

And, I feel your pain. I was having two periods in a month for a while. I went to the doctor he said it was something about me taking birth control pills. Had me take more pills for a while and somehow that cleared it up, which is counterintuitive but whatever. Maybe you should schedule an appointment?

Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:15:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

stacie - brag all you want. cripes, i probably would be! for now, i'm huddled up!

desmond - i seem to have a vague recollection of that story! and might i add, you have kicked out one of the more interesting emoticons i've ever seen!

art - honestly, i've never been so giddy for a monday. around 1 p.m. central time, expect to hear what sounds like a parade in the heavens and then pause and think to yourself, "oh, it's just her, alone with no one but herself to entertain." life is good...

rug - we laugh in the face of birth control! mock it even! my doctor credits my thyroid. alas, that gland is bad ass and tends to stand up to the mockery.

chag - you don't seem to strike me as the stalkery type! one day. the little readership neighborhood here may catch a glance. then it will probably be "huh. all that buildup for that?"

summer - alas, unlike the situation i'm in now, i have a harder time passing on any type of chocolate! hope you're well and the return to work is going fine.

fusion - i'll give you milk chocolate if you share, of course. and suggest coming to work at a bookstore. seriously. flirting opportunities galore! yes, i actually just used the world 'galore'

nanette - oh, the pretty dolphins! so helpful. so, so helpful...heh...

j - i'd tell you what appendage i used to describe the person who whipped me on the interstate entrance ramp this a.m., but i'm still seething about it despite the fact i was attempting to be a nice person today!

so speaking of nice...dang! what a very nice thing to say! i'm all for the twin thing, but let's be orphan mutant twins. that's right! the wonder twins, zan and jayna! one of your dogs could be gleek. we could fight crime and transform! this plan kicks ass...and i've now officially gone too far, haven't i...ok, i'll end it on a nice note, too. you're truly one of the good guys, j. always appreciate when you stop through.

biscuit - ah, and i feel for *you*! i used to have this thing down to the hour. now i just figure anytime i feel like crying might be the trigger!

princess - i have pictures to ponder. we'll see!

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger JUnderCovers said...

I like the Wonder Twins idea, although I always thought it sucked that Zan could only turn into things related to water. So we need better powers than that. I mean, it's not fair that you can turn into any kind of animal, and I'm a fucking pitcher of water or a tray of ice.

Monday, March 26, 2007 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

I got the emoticon from O272, who, now that I think of it, kinda reminds me of you. . .

Monday, March 26, 2007 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger flutterby said...

Urgh, those double-ups are nasty bitches.

Not like Mother Nature could be a forgetful skank and skip a month or two...

Maybe if you put a laxative in her coffee, she might get the hint and scram. ;)

Monday, March 26, 2007 9:43:00 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

j - you are so obviously right. we need something a little stronger than what the wonder twins can provide. luke and leah, maybe? mary-kate and ashley? maybe those dudes from the proclaimers (of course, in that case, it may be much cooler to be a person who can become a refreshing beverage...)!

desmond - you are, as always, a fountain of knowledge!

flutter - i've been plying her with aspirin, but the laxative idea does have legs!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home